The constuction of this arch dates back to 1748 and was supervised by the master craftsman Martin de Bogas who raised the monument in a record time of two months. On either side of the exterior faèade the stone mason, Jose Rodriguez, carved out the Coat of Arms of Fernando 6th of Antequera.
It was restored in 1942 as it had deterioated into a very bad state. The main body was not altered at all, however, the upper part was totally redone. The central vaulted niche , which had a arco escarzano, which was made in a medio punto and the aletones laterales were in a slight curve. Futhermore other ornamental details were added such as the iron coronation cross and the jarrones de the extremos.
En la hornacina del coronamiento se encuentra la imagen en terracota de la Virgen del Rosario de Santo Domingo.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Jesús Romero Benîtez, Guîa Artîstica of Antequera