This web page uses its own cookies and the third-party cookies to collect the information which help us make the service as good as possible. By no means is our intention to use it for gathering personal data. More information
 
×

Cortijo de Las Mezquitas

Diputación de Málaga

Cortijo de Las Mezquitas

The original compound comprised the mosque, its courtyard and a thick wall encircling the perimeter. It was converted into a cortijo (Spanish for “farmhouse”) in 1552. In the absence of systematic archaeological studies, recent approaches suggest that its construction might have been carried out in two different phases at the end of the 9th century and in the third decade of the 10th century. It was part of a city project in the southern part of Córdoba by Abd al-Rahman III that was never executed.

Other Cultural Heritage Sites > Ethnography > Farmhouse and Winepress