This web page uses its own cookies and the third-party cookies to collect the information which help us make the service as good as possible. By no means is our intention to use it for gathering personal data. More information
 
×

The Cortijo de Miraflores Museum

Diputación de Málaga

The Cortijo de Miraflores Museum

In 1706, Tomás Francisco Domînguez y Godoy built a country residence on a farm known as Prado de San Francisco which, in addition to the rooms usually associated with living quarters, included an oil press and a sugar mill.

The building underwent a series of modifications and extensions over the years before Antonio Domînguez Alburquerque gave the farm its present-day structure in the 19th century; it was at this time that it became known as Cortijo de Miraflores.

After lying abandoned for many years, it has been rebuilt and prepared to house a museum, an exhibition room, an exhibition hall and a series of other cultural display areas, including one in which the oil mill itself is on show and a demonstration of the process via which oil was extracted can be seen.

Cultural Areas > Museums
C/. José Luis Morales y Marín, s/n (Junto a los juzgados), Zip Code 29600
952902714