This web page uses its own cookies and the third-party cookies to collect the information which help us make the service as good as possible. By no means is our intention to use it for gathering personal data. More information
 
×

Church of Ntra. Sra. de las Maravillas (Maro)

Diputación de Málaga

Church of Ntra. Sra. de las Maravillas (Maro)

A small church built in the early 17th century and later renovated in popular architectural style.

The church, restored in 1887, stands on a single deck ship covered in rows. His door, windows and interior arches are pointed. Its tower is topped with pyramidal spire on his forehead and has a small belfry. Outside, the tower appears to be solid and consist of several stepped sections, but actually consists of only two floors, which are hollow internal structures and vertical walls. The lower floor is included in the church as a small cube to stay accessed by a pointed arch.
The second floor, which shows stone and brick masonry, has also a similar entrance arch and superimposed on the above, but currently remains blinded. Probably the body was divided into two timber plants currently missing, as indicated by the weep holes in the wall. The tower had a door facing the street, facing north, now half hidden by some stairs.
Inside this temple of eclectic style is venerated image of the Virgen de las Maravillas, Patroness of Maro.

Monuments and Art > Hermitage and Chapel
Zip Code 29787