Esta web utiliza cookies para obtener datos anónimos de acceso. Si continúa utilizando este sitio asumiremos que está de acuerdo.
 
×

Hermitage of Virgen de la Peña

Diputación de Málaga

Hermitage of Virgen de la Peña

It was excavated from living rock by monks of the Merced order in 1548. Inside, it houses the image of Mijas’ patron saint after which it is named. In the town itself, tradition has it that the image was discovered in 1586 in the walls of the old castle, where it had been hidden to avoid it falling into Moorish hands eight centuries earlier.

Monuments and Art > Hermitage and Chapel
Paseo del Compás, s/n, Zip Code 29649