It was begun on the 11th of May 1615 and finished eight years later. The main faèade features an exquisite Baroque-style door carved from red stone. It consists of three naves which had to be rebuilt following the Civil War of 1936. The central nave culminates in a semi-circular sanctuary with Corinthian pilasters adjoining the walls, crowned by a spherical vault. At the centre of the Baroque-style main altarpiece is an image of the town’s patron saint, San Bernabê.