This web page uses its own cookies and the third-party cookies to collect the information which help us make the service as good as possible. By no means is our intention to use it for gathering personal data. More information

 
×

Parish Church of Our Lady of la Encarnación

Diputación de Málaga

Parish Church of Our Lady of la Encarnación

It dates back to the 16th century, though it was renovated by the local people in the 18th. It consists of three separate naves and a high tower, crowned by a capital faced with glass ceramics.

The Church is one of the largest of the Sierra de las Nieves. It was built in 1505 on the remains of a former Islamic fortress, though it has since undergone several renovations.

It consists of three naves separated by cross-shaped pillars which support Roman arches. These naves are covered by arris vaults, while the presbytery crossing arms are crowned by eight-ribbed vaults.

Monuments and Art > Hermitage and Chapel
C/ Doctor Jiménez, s/n, Zip Code 29410