Church of Inmaculada Concepción
The Parish Church is the oldest building in the Sierra de Yeguas and was built by the Marquis of Estepa in 1559. In the 19th of January 1578 it was declared a parish by Mr. Miguel Sanchez de Saldaña, Vicar of Estepa, and in 1592 the baptismal font was granted. Until then, the children of Sierra de Yeguas were baptized in either the Roda de Andalucîa or in Estepa.
The Church of the Immaculate Conception is located at the Plaza de Andalucia and it has three naves and a series of chapels that give the building architectural and artistic interest. Its facade still preserves a stone front with an open pediment. Its choir and courtyard have special interest as are the remains of the chapel, which is only one tier, probably built in the 18th century in Renaissance style.
The present building has a latin cross, but irregular on the side of the epistle given by the addition of four chapels: the Sacred Heart (Sagrado Corazón), the Virgen de las Dolores, la Humildad and San Bartolome. However, the Entombment does not have chapel on that side. In order to search the proportions the chapel was done in opposite side, where the primitive veined marble baptismal font (1592) was located, which today continues to meet the sacramental order.