Castillo de Benadalid (Castle of Benadalid)
Considered to be one of the most unusual fortresses of that medieval time, its earliest documented reference dates from 1286. It presents a trapezoidal plan, circular towers on three of its four corners, and an entrance through a quadrangular tower in the middle of its largest side.
On the outskirts of the town to the north there is a old castle with three round towers. There is a cemetery on the inside.
The documentation that exists about the castle and its origins contain discrepancies. It is not clear if it dates back to the Roman Era or to the 13th or 14th century.
The building has a regular floor plan and has a trapezoidal form, with the main entrance set into the largest side, which faces northeast. The walls are made of masonry stone and mortar made with lime. There are three cylindrical towers, where there were originally four, as one fell down. A part of it has been slightly rebuilt and joined onto the structure. Next to the entrance there is a quadrangular tower, but this one was used as a room as opposed to defence. There is an underground water deposit within the complex.