PERIOD 20th century
Formerly Hotel Miramar, and before that Hotel Príncipe de Asturias, this building was the work of the architect Guerrero Strachan, and was constructed from 1921 to 1926. In 1987 it was remodelled to house the Palace of Justice. In December 2016, the building was reopened as a five star hotel belonging to the Santos hotel chain.
As in other works of this architect, its most outstanding features are the individualisation of the roofs and, particularly, the mixture of colours on the façade in which the ochre coloured walls combine with the beige of the rusticated pilasters and the reinforced quoins, the ceramics on the terrace handrail and eaves, the vases, etc.
The façade facing the sea, with its open towers, colourful roofs and eaves and the busy design formed by the cavities offers a cheerful architecture more in line with its primitive function as a hotel, than its current one.
Inside there is an interesting patio, square with a series of round arches on columns with Neo-Plateresque capitals, a style of decoration that is continued in the upper floor.
The room that was formerly the ballroom is on the side facing the sea, with huge windows that look out onto the garden and ornate plaster decorations on the roof.