Castillo del Marqués (Castle of the Marquis)
King Charles III ordered its construction for military and defensive purposes to protect the coastal area where it stands. It was built in 1766 on top of the ruins of another 16th-century castle. It served as a prison and concentration camp between 1930 and 1939 before becoming a Guardia Civil station.
Today it operates as a School of Hotel Management and Tourism, as well as a public school belonging to the María Zambrano High School in Torre del Mar. Over 200 students are currently taking the training Catering and Culinary Services.