PERIOD 19th century
This theatre was built in 1870, following the plans drawn up by Jerónimo Cuervo and on the plot that had been occupied by the vegetable garden of the Convent of La Mercêd.
It has a rectangular design and its interior follows the horseshoe form of the stalls, over which there are four more levels. The exterior presents a sober aspect. The most outstanding feature of its interior is the painting on its ceiling, by Bernardo Ferrándiz, which depicts Industry, Commerce and the Port.
The building was acquired by the Town Hall and restored according to a project designed by the architect Josê Seguî.
HOW TO FIND IT
Address: CL RAMOS MARIN 3, 29012 Málaga
Electronic Mail: email@example.com