This web page uses its own cookies and the third-party cookies to collect the information which help us make the service as good as possible. By no means is our intention to use it for gathering personal data. More information

 
×

Remains of the Castle of San Luis

Diputación de Málaga

Remains of the Castle of San Luis

An old fortress dating back to the period of the reconquest, built on the orders of Queen Isabel, “La Católica”, in the early 16th century with the aim of reinforcing the walls of the town and enabling it to be repopulated.

The castle was partly destroyed in 1810 at the hands of the French troops. Currently still standing remains of the tower and a sheet of the south wall.

Monuments and Art > The Castle and the Wall
Calle Castillo, 5, Zip Code 29680