Cortijo de Las Mezquitas
The original compound comprised the mosque, its courtyard and a thick wall encircling the perimeter. It was converted into a cortijo (Spanish for “farmhouse”) in 1552. In the absence of systematic archaeological studies, recent approaches suggest that its construction might have been carried out in two different phases at the end of the 9th century and in the third decade of the 10th century. It was part of a city project in the southern part of Córdoba by Abd al-Rahman III that was never executed.