Holy Child’s Hermitage
This hermitage, situated in one of the towers of the Castillo del Aguila, was once equipped as a base for the Civil Guard and it was even used as the weapons store.
Built in the 17th century, it has precious plasterwork which is decorated with Stucco rosettes on the dome and in the side chapel.
This hermitage is also known as the "ermita del encuentro" as, according to tradition, it was the spot where Juan Ciudad (San Juan de Dios) met the santo Niño in August 1536. On the inside there is a carved polychrome, wooden image of San Juan de Dios.