This web page uses its own cookies and the third-party cookies to collect the information which help us make the service as good as possible. By no means is our intention to use it for gathering personal data. More information

 
×

Holy Child’s Hermitage

Diputación de Málaga

Holy Child’s Hermitage

This hermitage, situated in one of the towers of the Castillo del Aguila, was once equipped as a base for the Civil Guard and it was even used as the weapons store.

Built in the 17th century, it has precious plasterwork which is decorated with Stucco rosettes on the dome and in the side chapel.

This hermitage is also known as the "ermita del encuentro" as, according to tradition, it was the spot where Juan Ciudad (San Juan de Dios) met the santo Niño in August 1536. On the inside there is a carved polychrome, wooden image of San Juan de Dios.

Monuments and Art > Hermitage and Chapel
Las Lagunas, Zip Code 29480