This web page uses its own cookies and the third-party cookies to collect the information which help us make the service as good as possible. By no means is our intention to use it for gathering personal data. More information

 
×

Monastery of the Carmelitas

Diputación de Málaga

Monastery of the Carmelitas

The Ermita Veracruz became the Convento de los Carmelitas Descalzos in 1704. This church has a rectangular floor plan, three naves separated by half round arches.

The faèade is made of grey stone and the tower, which is topped off with a belfry, is made of bricks.

At the head of the church there is a irregular polygonal shaped chapel or sacristy covered by a eight-sided dome. There is a local legend about the image that is kept on the inside the hermitage.

Today this building is used as the Municipal Arts Centre as part of a agreement reached between the Local Authority and the bishopric on 6 November 1982.

Monuments and Art > Convent
C/ Luis de Armiñán, s/n, Zip Code 29480