Esta web utiliza cookies para obtener datos anónimos de acceso. Si continúa utilizando este sitio asumiremos que está de acuerdo.

Church of Our Lady of los Dolores

Diputación de Málaga

Church of Our Lady of los Dolores

Villanueva del Trabuco’s most noteworthy building is its parish church, built in the late 18th century (1760) on the site of the earlier Ermita de Santa Marîa Egipcîaca (built in 1645), rebuilt in 1953 and restored in 1993. The highlight of its exterior is the white tower, visible from all corners of the village, which stands above the main entrance, and its tiled facing.

The main faèade is white and yellow. The doorway features a Roman arch between pilasters, with a cornice in the upper section, creating an Arabic-style frame for the arch. Three large stained glass windows occupy the upper section of the faèade.

The main altar features a simple altarpiece with images of the Virgen de los Dolores (centre), Sagrado Corazón (left) and San Josê con el Niño (right).

Monuments and Art > Hermitage and Chapel
Plaza de la Iglesia, Zip Code 29313