Puerto del Viento. Climbing area. Serranía de Ronda
This climbing area is the most traditional in the Serranía de Ronda. Different Type of climbing and routes with a wide range of grades are offered within the 17 sectors as some of the routes were set up in the 80’s.
If you are driving from Ronda, you will need to take the road A-366 towards the town El Burgos to arrive at the mountain pass Puerto del Viento, where you can park your car. You will then walk up along the path for about 15 minutes to reach the climbing area.
• Municipality: Ronda.
• Nearest town: Ronda.
• Coordinates (UTM): x: 317198 y: 4073387.
• Assement of the route: Reasonably good for the oldest routes, good for the new ones.
• Direction: Sout and east.
• Number of routes: 65 routes.
• Type of climbing: Sport climbing with slabs, off-widths and overhanging walls. Traditional climbing can also be practised in a spectacular environment and with routes easy to belay. There are plenty of possibilities to practise bouldering as well.
• Recommended season: All seasons, except during the hottest months in summer.
• Climbing grading system: 5% up to 5º; 19% route grade 5º; 28% route grade 6º; 11% route grade 7º; 2% route grade 8º, 10% traditional climbing routes.
1. Diedro Rojo. 5 routes of V, 6º and 8º. Height: 40m.
2. Nido de Víboras. 3 routes of traditional climbing. Height: about 40m.
3. Placa Juana. 9 routes, most of them are 6º. Height: about 50m.
4. Espolón Falo. 5 routes, most of them are V. Height: about 35 to 50m.
5. Bulder. 4 routes of 6º. Height: less than 10m.
6. Vientos del Sur. 5 routes, most of them are 6º. Height: 35m.
7. Luna Llena. 2 routes of 6º and 7º. Height: 35m.
8. Cristal de Roca. 7 routes of III and IV. Height: less than 25m.
9. Puertecito. 3 different routes. Height: less than 20m.
10. Siddharta. 3 routes, most of them are 6º. Height: about 20m.
11. Gran Techo. 4 routes, most of them are 6º. Height: more than 60m.
12. Estrella Fugaz. 1 route of traditional climbing. Height: 50m.
13. Crespúsculo Rojo. 1 route of traditional climbing. Height: more than 70m.
14. El Centinela. 6 routes of 7º and one of 8º, Height: more than 20m.
15. Colmillo Blanco. 1 route of 6º. Height: 15m.
16. Espolón Santi. 3 routes, most of them are 6º. Height: more than 40m
17. El Hueso. 3 different routes. Height: 20m.
No restrictions are applied, although it is necessary to be aware that it is a private property. If you intend to set up new routes, it is important to notify it to the personnel of the climbing area so you do not destroy the already set up routes.