Gaucín Tierra. Climbing area. Serranía de Ronda.
This climbing area boasts a spectacular mountainous environment, even if Gaucín is really close, perfect for a superb climbing. Thanks to its direction, it is really nice to climb even in hot days. Limestone with a good grip is found. A great range of grades are offered with a domination of slabs and spires.
Once you arrive in the town Gaucín, you will need to find the signs towards the castle Castillo del Águila, where you could park your car. After parking the car, you will walk for about ten minutes along the returning path of the Iron Way, which will lead you to the climbing area.
- Municipality: Gaucín.
- Nearest town: Gaucín.
- Coordinates (UMT): X: 293026, y Y: 4043575.
- Direction: East.
- Number of routes: 24 routes.
- Sectors: Only one sector. Gaucín.
- Type of climbing: Sport climbing dominated by slabs and some isolated overhanging walls.
- Recommended season: All seasons.
- Assement of the route: Good.
- Climbing grading system: Up to 5º (16%), Route grade 5º (21%), Route grade 6º (50%), Route grade 7º (13%), Route grade 8º (none).
No restrictions are applied, as the Iron Way in this area has no restrictions applied, the climbing area should be the same.