Mountain Bike Trail (MB) in this Area 3rd Stage: Villanueva de Tapia - Cuevas de San Marcos
The villages of Villanueva de Tapia and Cuevas de San Marcos are attractive because they are close to Iznájar Reservoir and embrace some dramatic scenery. This stage goes along Lago de Andalucia or Andalusian lake, which is like an inland sea. The large part of this trail is the way which was used for taking livestock from Iznájar and other towns in Cordoba to Villanueva de Tapia in order to participate in the Royal Livestock fair in this town, hich is one of the most important in Andalusia.
• Towns at the Beginning and End of the Trail: Villanueva de Tapia and Cuevas de San Marcos
• Trail Type: It goes across the area.
• Start / End: Plaza de España [España Sqare] (Villanueva de Tapia) / Luís Armiñán Square (Cuevas de San Marcos)
• Distance (m): 22,726
• Trail Condition: Good
• Surface Type:
- Dirt track: 12,115 m (53,31%)
- Asphalt road: 10,611 m (46.69%)
• Minimum and Maximum Altitude (m): 404 - 668
• Net Elevation (m): 264
• Cumulative Elevation Gain (m): 566
• Cumulative Elevation Loss (m): 830
• Springs and Fountains: Fuente de la Sierrezuela
• Landmarks: Cerezo stream, Cruz de Algaida, Iznájar Reservvoir, La Sierrezuela, Mirador del Pantano (he viewpoint at the reservoir).
• Recommended Season for the Visit: Throughout the year.
• Protected Areas along the Way: None
• Signs: Not Signposted.