Mountain Bike Trail (MB) in this Area 2nd Stage: Villanueva del Trabuco - Villanueva de Tapia
This is a ride to the mountainous village Villanueva del Trabuco, with rough and sheer rocky slopes with plenty of springs, which stretch to the plains in Archidona and Villanueva de Tapia. These are covered in endless pine forest that spread to the area of the Sierra Norte, and eastward to Loja or westward to Antequera. These contrasts are typical for this area. Here they are rather obvious at some unknown but valuable places in this land.
• Towns at the Beginning and End of the Trail: Villanueva del Trabuco - Villanueva de Tapia
• Trail Type: It goes across the area.
• Start / End: Prado Square ((Villanueva del Rosario) / España Square (Villanueva del Trabuco)
• Distance (m): 31,580
• Trail Conditions: Good
• Surface Type:
- Dirt track: 24,715 m (78.26%)
- Asphalt road: 6,865 m (21.74%)
• Minimum and Maximum Altitude (m): 621 - 969
• Net Elevation (m): 348
• Cumulative Elevation Gain (m): 770
• Cumulative Elevation Loss (m): 800
• Springs and Fountains: Fuente de la Pita, Fuente de la Chocilla, Fuente de los 100 Caños (100-Spouts Fountain).
• Landmarks: Fuente de la Pita, Fuente de la Chocilla, Fuente de los 100 Caños (100-Spouts Fountain), Gibalto Viewpoint, Haza Galeras, La Carraca, Encinar de Valholgado, Entreicho Viewpoint.
• Recommended Season for the Visit: Throughout the year.
• Protected Areas along the Way: Camarolos Mountains (Site of Cultural Interest), One Hundred Spouts Natural Monument.
• Signs: Not Signposted.