Mountain Bike Trail (MB) in this Area 1st Stage: Villanueva del Rosario - Villanueva del Trabuco
Villanueva del Rosario and Villanueva del Trabuco are two villages in the area which approach The Penibaetic System. These mountains are part of a large range which separates the inland part of Málaga to its coat and are called the Arco Calizo Central Mountain Range The route we present connects both towns and gets close to the above range, so you can admire scenery like Hondonero or the sources of the rivers in these mountains, which are probably its most precious treasure.
• Towns at the Beginning and End of the Trail: Villanueva del Rosario - Villanueva del Trabuco
• Trail Type: It goes across the area.
• Start / End: Andalucía Square ((Villanueva del Rosario) / Prado Square (Villanueva del Trabuco)
• Distance (m): 12,449
• Trail Conditions: Good
• Surface Type:
- Dirt track: 9,432 m (75.77%)
- Asphalt road: 3,017 m (24.23%)
• Minimum and Maximum Altitude (m): 680 - 1,081
• Net Elevation (m): 401
• Cumulative Elevation Gain (m): 540
• Cumulative Elevation Loss (m): 530
• Springs and Fountains: Fuente Vieja, Fuente de la Zarza, Fuente de Hondonero, Fuente del Raigón, Fuente del Cortijo Alto.
• Landmarks: The river source, Fuente Vieja, Fuente de la Zarza, Fuente de Hondonero, Fuente del Raigón, Fuente del Cortijo Alto.
• Recommended Season for the Visit: Throughout the year.
• Protected Areas along the Way: Camarolos Mountains (Site of Cultural Interest)
• Signs: Not Signposted.