Mountain Bike Trail (MB) in The Penibaetic System. (Villanueva del Rosario)
Villanueva del Rosario is one of the areas that directly approaches the limestone mountain range called The The Penibaetic System. This range has such geological, river and plant features that creates breathtaking and wonderful scenery. The route goes through Villanueva del Rosario, Villanueva del Trabudo and Alfarnate, which means you can see two slopes that belong to the Camarolos Mountains, Site of Cultural Interest and one of the most unknown and important natural beauty spots in Andalusia.
• Town at the Beginning of the Trail: Villanueva del Rosario
• Trail Type: Local
• Start / End: Plaza Nueva del Saucedo (square)
• Distance (m): 40,360
• Trail Conditions: Good
• Surface Type:
- Path: 636 m (1.58%)
- Dirt track: 25,883 m (63.45%)
Asphalt road: 14,114 m (34.97%)
• Minimum and Maximum Altitude (m): 670 - 1,136
• Net Elevation (m): 466
• Cumulative Elevation Gain (m): 1,640
• Cumulative Elevation Loss (m): 1,640
• Springs and Fountains: Fuente Canalejas (fountain), Fuente del Raigón, Fuente del Cortijo Alto, Fuente de la Pita, Fuente de la Chocilla, Fuente de los 100 Caños (One Hundred Spouts Fountain), Fuente del Chorrillero, Fuente del Prado.
• Landmarks: The River Source, Fuente Canalejas (fountain), Fuente del Raigón, Cortijo Alto, Cantera / Peñón de Oso (rocky outcrop), the Camp Site, Alfarnate, Fuente de los Alazores, Fuente de los 100 Caños (One Hundred Spouts Fountain), El Chorrillero, Villanueva del Trabuco.
• Recommended Season for the Visit: Throughout the year.
• Protected Areas along the Way: Camarolos Mountains (Site of Cultural Interest), One Hundred Spouts Natural Monument.
• Signs: Not Signposted.