La Sierrecilla del Malnombre Mountain Bike Trail (MB) (Cuevas de San Marcos)
Cuevas [Caves] de San Marcos has a very varied landscape, which can be seen along this route. The terrain in this town is formed by the Valley of Geniland its riverbank forest, chalky mountains of Camorro, Iznájar Reservoir and the pine forest in Sierrezuela, as well as the hills or the Sierrecilla del Malnombre and Mateo Mountain Pass (Puerto de Mateo, which are a kind of natural border with Villanueva de Algaidas. This route goes past the biggest part of the above natural surroundings, and it includes the rugged terrain in this town which is placed in the far north of the Province of Málaga.
• Town at the Beginning of the Trail: Cuevas de San Marcos
• Trail Type: Local
• Start / End: Plaza de la Constitución (square)
• Distance (m): 34,600
• Trail Conditions: Good
• Surface Type:
- Dirt track: 24,902 m (72.30%)
- Asphalt road: 9, 542 (27,70%)
• Minimum and Maximum Altitude (m): 314 - 830
• Net Elevation (m): 516
• Cumulative Elevation Gain (m): 1,300
• Cumulative Elevation Loss (m): 1,300
• Springs and Fountains: None
• Landmarks: Camorro Mountains, La Parrilla, Mateo Mountain Pass, Sierrecilla del Malnombre Mountain, El Pilar, Montenegro, the Wheel in Aceña.
• Recommended Season for the Visit: Throughout the year.
• Protected Areas along the Way: None
• Signs: Not Signposted.