Mountain Bike Trail (MB) to Farmhouses (Villanueva de Algaidas)
Villanueva de Algaidas is a village in Archidona, which was separated from the latter one in 1843. It was creeated during the building of the Franciscan monastery of Nuestra Señora de la Consolación de las Algaidas in the 16th century. This religious order was responsible for making many of the farmhouses and farmsteads (cortijada) in the area which later formed the village of Villanueva de Algaidas. This circular route in the town of Algaidas will take you to see these old traditional Andalusian houses and farms.
• Town at the Beginning of the Trail: Villanueva de Algaidas
• Trail Type: Local
• Start / End: Arenal Square
• Distance (m): 27,300
• Trail Conditions: Good
• Surface Type:
- Dirt track: 17,700 m (64.90%)
- Asphalt road: 9,600 m (35.16%)
• Minimum and Maximum Altitude (m): 440 - 930
• Net Elevation (m): 490
• Cumulative Elevation Gain (m): 720
• Cumulative Elevation Loss (m): 720
• Springs and Fountains: La Atalaya, La Parrilla.
• Landmarks: Las Peñas, El Albaicín, El Pedroso, Loma Farmhouse, La Atalaya, Roman Bridge, Franciscan Monastery / Mozarabic Cave Country Chapel.
• Recommended Season for the Visit: Throughout the year.
• Protected Areas along the Way: None
• Signs: Not Signposted.