One Hundred Spouts Via Ferrata, Villanueva de Trabuco. Nororma
This trail is for experienced strong and skilled people. There are a few overhangs, and the first one is rather slanting so certain strength is required to overcome it. The rest of the trail is not difficult. This climbing route is also called Pita.
From Villanueva del Trabuco, go along Borreguero way up to the forest track which goes round the Sierra Gorda. This is where the pine grove that covers the mountain sides begins. Here, you need to turn left. Some 200 metres away, you will see the information board wih the data about the trail. Go up the field covered in pine trees to the beginning of the via ferrata.
• Town: Villanueva del Trabuco
• Nearest place: Villanueva del Trabuco
• Location (UTM coordinates): X383784; Y: 4097323
• Difficulty: Difficult K3
• Length of the route: 150 m
• Elevation: 110 m
• Overhangs: 2
• Tibetan bridge: 0
• Hanging bridge: 0
• Zip-line: 0
• Total estimated time: Return trip from the car park -1 hour and 50 minutes.
• Estimated access time from the car park: 5 minutes
• Estimated time of the route: 1 hour and a half
• Estimated time needed to go back to the car park: 15 minutes
Routes that are linked:
• Sierra Gorda Route
• PR-A-339 Short-distance Route - the Spouts Path.
• PR-A-353 Short-distance Path Sierra de San Jorge
• GR-7 E-4 Long-distance Path
• Great Málaga Path Long-distance Path (GR 249)
• The Treshing Floors MTB Trail
• The River Sources MTB Trail
• Tree Park in the Sierra Gorda Camp Site
• One Hundred Spouts Natural Monument
• Camarolos Mountains (Site of Cultural Interest)
• Villares Park and Viewpoints
• Villares Neighbourhood
• River Guadalhorce