Mountain Bike Trail (MB) in this Area 5th Stage: Cuevas Bajas - Villanueva de Algaidas
This trail goes through the land where bandits found shelters and ruled until the beginning of the last century. This is why CCuevas bajas village was called the 'Bandits' Cave'. This route stands out due to its dramatic views. From La Cruz Hill (Cerro de la Cruz), you can see the entire Antequera Plain and the Genil Valley, as well as some sites of historical importance and the old villages which anticipated the village of Cuevas Bajas, El Cedrón and Moheda and an old Roman street which can tell about the importance this place had in the Roman empire.
• Towns at the Beginning and End of the Trail: Cuevas Bajas - Villanueva de Algaidas
• Trail Type: It goes across the area.
• Start / End: Plaza de la Constitución (Square in Cuevas Bajas) / Arenal Square (Villanueva de Algaidas)
• Distance (m): 9,752
• Trail Conditions: Good
• Surface Type:
- Dirt track: 4,467 m (45.80%)
- Asphalt road: 5,285 (54.12%)
• Minimum and Maximum Altitude (m): 319 - 705
• Net Elevation (m): 386
• Cumulative Elevation Gain (m): 550
• Cumulative Elevation Loss (m): 330
• Springs and Fountains: La Atalaya
• Landmarks: Cedrón, Cedrón Viewpoint, La Cruz Hill (Cerro de la Cruz), Loma Farmhouse, La Atalaya, Roman Bridge, Franciscan Monastery / Mozarabic Cave Country Chapel.
• Recommended Season for the Visit: Throughout the year.
• Protected Areas along the Way: None
• Signs: Not Signposted.