The 18th century Ayuntamiento (Town Hall) is one of the village’s finest works of architecture. Of neoclassical design, it was built in 1784 on the orders of Carlos 3rd. Constructed from sandstone...
The Nazari town is a regional project that began in 2005 and had performed several schools workshop. It is located on La Fresnada,.a property of about 20 hectares that belongs to the municipality of...
GENERAL INFORMATION • Heritage Value: Low • Landscape Value: High • Condition: Medium state of repair • Type of hydraulic structure: Industrial • Stage of the Great Málaga Path: Stage 27....
This festival has been declared to be of Tourist Interest by the Provincial Council of Málaga. Please check with the local Town Hall or Municipal Tourism Office for the festival date before...
This viewpoint is another large park with shade trees and beautiful views of Cortes de la Frontera, Jimera de Líbar and the Cortes Station.
Did you know that the largest cork oak forest in Spain is located on the Costa del Sol? Specifically in Cortes de la Frontera, a municipality in the Serrania de Ronda on the border between the provinces of Malaga and Cadiz and located in the Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park. Of phoenician origin and a still very present Nazrid past, Cortes de la Frontera is the ideal place to mix nature, history and culture. Its numerous footpaths and green landscapes make it an ideal destination for lovers of active and rural tourism.
NOT TO MISS IN CORTES DE LA FRONTERA
One of the most interesting places in Cortes de la Frontera is the Los Valdenebros House and Chapel. Now converted into housing, it is also known as the ""house of breasts"" because of the shape of the rivets on the gate. This house belonged to a soldier who acquired the title of noble because of his skill with weapons. On the facade, we find the coat of arms and flag. An underground passage connected the house to the church. A few meters from this ""house of breasts"" is the Parish Church of Our Lady of the Rosary, built in the late eighteenth century.
Two other famous houses in this town are the Casa de Piedra ("Stone House") and the Town Hall. The Town Hall is a sandstone building, erected in 1784 by order of King Carlos III. It is distinguished by the breadth of its facade, with a total of ten arches. But if we want to get into the Moorish past, visiting Casa de Piedra is a must. This is undoubtedly one of the most unique of Cortes de la Frontera"s monuments, with the most historic value.
Also of interest is the Bull Ring, the second largest in the Serranía de Ronda. The area"s livestock farming mean the art of bullfighting is a tradition in town. The arena is 30 meters in diameter and was inaugurated in 1894.
Where to eat
Where to stay