Castillo del Aguila Via Ferrata, Gaucín. Serrania de Ronda
This Via Ferrata is the most difficult one found in the Serranía de Ronda. It requires a very good physical condition and a high-end technical knowledge, as you will need to tackle a monkey bridge, two Tibetan bridges and a zip-line. You will enjoy excellent views to the valley Valle del Genal and to the Nature Reserve in Sierra Bermeja.
You can leave your car in Gaucín, in the car park located close to the beginning of the route to the castle Castillo de Águila. You will need to walk along a beautiful cobbled path which weaves back and forth and which leads you to the door of the castle, exactly where the Iron Way starts. Once you have finished, you will need to walk up a bit until you find the castle path again, a few metres away from the entrance.
• Town: Gaucín.
• Nearest place: Gaucín.
• Coordinates (UTM): X: 292968; Y: 4043788.
• Difficulty: K3 Difficult.
• Length of the route: 182 m.
• Elevation: It is a practically horizontal route.
• Estimated Return time: 2h 20 mins. from the beginning of the Iron Way.
How to get there
Discover more about the province of Malaga
- Discover more about the province of Malaga