Poyato de Benalauría. Climbing area. Serranía de Ronda
It consists of a climbing area with a few sport routes set up in the 90’s. The climb is dominated by slabs, some off-widths and slightly overhanging walls. A single-pitch trad route is found.
On the crossroad between the road A-369 and the local road to Benalauría, you will see a path towards the mountain range. You can nearly arrive at the mountain pass Puerto de Benalauría, where you will see a path. You will need to walk for 5 minutes along this path, which is under the walls, to arrive at the climbing area.
- Municipality: Benalauría.
- Nearest town: Benalauría.
- Coordinates (UTM): x: 296167 y: 4052241.
- Direction: South and southeast.
- Sectors: Only one sector: Poyato.
- Number of routes: 12 routes.
- Type of climbing: Sport climbing. It is dominated by slabs.
- Recommended season: All seasons, except during the hottest month in summer.
- Assement of the route: Good.
- Climbing grading system: Up to 5º and 6º (none), Route grade 6º (100%), Routes grades 7ºand 8º (none).
No restrictions are applied, although it is necessaryto be aware that it is a private property.
How to get there
Discover more about the province of Malaga
- Discover more about the province of Malaga