Gran Atún. Climbing area. Serranía de Ronda
It consists of a varied climbing area, dominated by slabs and edges and some overhanging walls. Most of the routes have a middle height, no more than 20 metres. It boasts very good 6º’s.
Once you have arrived in Montejaque, you will take the road MA-8403 towards the road Ronda-Seville. On the 3.5 kilometre, you will find a path which will lead you to the entrance of the cave Cueva del Hundidero and to a big esplanade where you could park your car. You can guess from there that the climbing area is located behind the crops. You will walk for about 5 minutes from the car park to reach the climbing area.
• Municipality: Ronda.
• Nearest town: Montejaque.
• Coordinates (UTM): X: 300534 y Y: 4070540.
• Direction: South.
• Number of routes: 34 routes.
• Sectors: Only one sector: Gran Atún.
• Type of climbing: Sport climbing dominated by slabs and overhanging walls.
• Recommended season: All seasons, except the hottest month in summer.
• Assement of the route: Good.
• Climbing grading system: Up to 5º (1%), Route grade 5º (10%), Route grade 6º (66%), Route grade 7º (17%), y Route grade 8º (6%).
Although it is located in the Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park, there are no restrictions applied. You will need to jump a fence, which protects the livestock. It is really clear the place where it must be done. You need to be respectful with the property and the cattle. Remember to keep your dog on a short lead.
How to get there
Discover more about the province of Malaga
- Discover more about the province of Malaga