Mountain Bike Trail (MB) in this Area 7th Stage: Archidona - Villanueva del Rosario
The terrain that separates Archidona de Villanueva del Rosario has some rather peculiar geomorphology and flowers. Karst processes related to gypsum outcrop, have created caves, springs, and many sinkholes or dolines covered in vegetation made of oak forests on the mountain sides and cereal crops and olive grove on flat land. Moreover, while going through the Marín Stream ravine (Hoz del Arroyo Marín) you will be able to admire a ravine in the shape of half moon with with the only native holm oak forest in the province of Málaga.
• Towns at the Beginning and End of the Trail: Archidona - Villanueva del Rosario
• Trail Type: It goes across the area.
• Start / End: Ochavada Square (Archidona) / Plaza de Andalucía (square in Villanueva del Rosario)
• Distance (m): 32,809
• Trail Conditions: Good
• Surface Type:
- Path: 4,560 m (13.90%)
- Dirt track: 22,971 m (70.01%)
- Asphalt road: 5,278 m (16.09%)
• Minimum and Maximum Altitude (m): 596 - 819
• Net Elevation (m): 223
• Cumulative Elevation Gain (m): 670
• Cumulative Elevation Loss (m): 660
• Springs and Fountains: Las Carboneras
• Landmarks: Marín Stream Ravine (Hoz del arroyo Marí), Canterones, La Saucedilla, El Brosque, Cortijo Platero, Las Carboneras.
• Recommended Season for the Visit: Throughout the year.
• Protected Areas along the Way: None
• Signs: Not Signposted.
Discover more about the province of Malaga
- Discover more about the province of Malaga