Mountain Bike Trail (MB) in this Area 6th Stage: Villanueva de Algaidas - Archidona
This trail that connects the area of the Northern Málaga Mountains and the north of this province and Córdoba has a few-millennium-long history, as it used to be an old Roman road which has been turned into a modern road that follows the same route. This ways witnessed the past and Roman glory, which can today be seen thanks to only few left paved sections of the cobbled road and the milestones which mark the distance of thousand steps between each one of them.
• Towns at the Beginning and End of the Trail: Villanueva de Algaidas and Archidona
• Trail Type: It goes across the area.
• Start / End: Arenal Square (Villanueva de Algaidas) / Ochavada Square (Archidona)
• Distance (m): 20,629
• Trail Conditions: Good
• Surface Type:
- Dirt track: 16,577 m (80.36%)
- Asphalt road: 4,052 m (19.64%)
• Minimum and Maximum Altitude (m): 532 - 756
• Net Elevation (m): 224
• Cumulative Elevation Gain (m): 590
• Cumulative Elevation Loss (m): 430
• Springs and Fountains: Cortijo de Checa (Farmhouse), La Romera Station.
• Landmarks: Roman Milestones, Barranco del Agua Village, Arcas Mountains (Sierra de Arcas), La Romera Station, Puerta de la Hoya.
• Recommended Season for the Visit: Throughout the year.
• Protected Areas along the Way: None
• Signs: Not Signposted.
Discover more about the province of Malaga
- Discover more about the province of Malaga