Mountain Bike Trail (MB) in this Area 4th Stage: Cuevas de San Marcos - Cuevas Bajas
This route mostly forms part of the 4t stage of the long-distance path Nº 7, which connects two towns in the area by the farming path that almost entirely goes along the Genil River. This trail, which is rather short, goes through varied ecosystems, which include riverbanks, on one side, and Mediterranean forests, on the other, together with farmlands, and age-old constructions. One of them is the wheel in Aceña.
• Towns at the Beginning and End of the Trail: Cuevas de San Marcos - Cuevas Bajas
• Trail Type: It goes across the area.
• Start / End: Luís Armiñán Square (Cuevas de San Marcos) / Plaza de la Constitución (Square in Cuevas Bajas)
• Distance (m): 8,687
• Trail Condition: Good
• Surface Type:
- Dirt track: 7, 469 m (85.98%)
- Asphalt road: 1,218 (14.02%)
• Minimum and Maximum Altitude (m): 309 - 434
• Net Elevation (m): 125
• Cumulative Elevation Gain (m): 185
• Cumulative Elevation Loss (m): 310
• Springs and Fountains:None
• Landmarks: Artificial lakes, Wheel in Aceña, the Genil River, Montenegro.
• Recommended Season for the Visit: Throughout the year.
• Protected Areas along the Way: None
• Signs: Not Signposted.
Discover more about the province of Malaga
- Discover more about the province of Malaga