El Brosque (Archidona) Mountain Bike Trail (MB)
There are some stunning nature sites very close to the old Town of Archidona. This route allow us to see some of the most important o these sites like the Marín Stream, the old mines in Los Canterones, the section of the Guadalhorce River that flows through the village Huertas del Río and the natural beauty spot El Brosque, which this route is named after. Here the sinkholes (dolines) were made by dissolution of the gypsum beds, so the site is of great geological interest.
• Town at the Beginning of the Trail: Archidona
• Trail Type: Local
• Start / End: Paseo de la Victoria Street
• Distance (m): 26,400
• Trail Conditions: Good
• Surface Type
- Path: 2,746 m (10.42%)
- Dirt track: 17,661 m (67.00%)
- Asphalt road: 5,955 (22.58%)
• Minimum and Maximum Altitude (m): 480 - 810
• Net Elevation (m): 330
• Cumulative Elevation Gain (m): 509
• Cumulative Elevation Loss (m): 509
• Springs and Fountains: Los Berros Fountain and Huertas del Río Village
• Landmarks: The Marín Stream, Los Canterones, La Saucedilla, El Brosque, Huertas del Río, Archidona fertile plain, Los Berros Fountain.
• Recommended Season for the Visit: Throughout the year.
• Protected Areas along the Way: None
• Signs: Not Signposted.
Discover more about the province of Malaga
- Discover more about the province of Malaga