Falla del Camorro Via Ferrata, Cuevas de San Marcos. Nororma
This via ferrata climbing trail is not difficult except from two overhangs. The first of them is more complicated. There are two sections with no carved steps but with the cable. You will surely enjoy Belda Cave, which can be visited along this route.
Follow the forest track that goes from the Senda de los Milenios (Millennium Path) Interpretation Centre up to a flat area some 1.3 kilometres away. From there, you can walk along the same track towards the Sierra del Camorro Viewpoint. At the first bend, where an abandoned quarry is, you will see a path that goes eastwards to the beginning of the via ferrata. The information board about this via ferrata is on the viewpoint, 50 metres away from the beginning of the path which leads to the trail.
• Town: Cuevas de San Marcos
• Nearest place: Cuevas (Caves) de San Marcos
• Location (UTM coordinates): X: 375373; Y: 4124165
• Difficulty: Easy K2
• Length of the route: 145 m
• Elevation: 50 m
• Overhangs: 2
• Tibetan bridge: 0
• Hanging bridge: 0
• Zip-line: 0
• Total estimated time: Return trip from the car park -1 hour and 45 minutes.
• Estimated access time from the car park: 15 minutes
• Estimated time of the route: 1 hour
• Estimated time needed to go back to the car park: 30 minutes
Hiking routes that are linked:
• PR-A-234 Short-distance Path 'Archaeological Nature Park of the Camorro Mounains'
• GR-7 E-4 Long-distance Path
• River descent on the Genil River by canoe, kayak and rafting.
• Senda de los Milenios (Millennium Path) Interpretation Centre
• Belda Cave (Site of Cultural Interest)
• Medina Belda
• Sierra del Camorro Viewpoint.
• Nueva Cave
• Sierra del Camorro Natural Monument
• Iznájar Reservoir
• Genil River
• Tourist Office with information on conoeing.
Discover more about the province of Malaga
- Discover more about the province of Malaga