Caminito del Rey Via Ferrata, El Chorro (Álora)
This is a rather high walkway, which stretches over one of the most extraordinary areas in El Chorro. There are bridges and a zip-line at a breathtaking altitude of 35 metres. Mind that there is to use iron cables along the half of the route in order to go down the side which is opposite to the one we climbed. There are only few steps along this section.
From the Chorro Station, you have to go up to the wall, where the trails meet. Turn left towards Albercones up to the foot of the cliff, next to the train tunnel. This is the beginning of this via ferrata climbing trail. You can also park at the end of the station, where the Albercones way starts. The beginning of the trail is 15-minutes-walk from there.
• Town: Álora
• Nearest place: El Chorro Train Station
• Location (UTM coordinates): X: 343064; Y: 4086562.
• Difficulty: Medium K3
• Length of the route: 650 m
• Elevation: 250 m
• Overhangs: 1.
• Tibetan bridge: 1 Suspension bridge: 1.
• Zip-line: 1.
• Total estimated time: 3 hours (return trip from the car park)
• Estimated access time from the car park: 0 minutes
• Estimated time of the route: 2 hours and a half
• Estimated time needed to go back to the car park: 30 minutes
How to get there
Discover more about the province of Malaga
- Discover more about the province of Malaga