Guide Touristique de Villanueva de Tapia (en espagnol)
Publication financed by the Competitiveness Plan of Tourism of the Sierra Norte de Málaga with basic information of Villanueva de Tapia. Such information includes the map of the town with points of interest, a brief description of the town, its history, its heritage, its nature, routes on foot, accommodation (hotels, hostels , guesthouses, cottages, rural tourist homes, etc.) and restaurants, festivals and recipes of its traditional cuisine. It also provides brief information Competitiveness Plan, as well as contact information (website, email, tourist office, city hall, etc..).
Villanueva de Tapia is located in the northeast part of the province of Málaga. This village keeps its tradition in cattle farming and agriculture, where The Cattle Fair is celebrated in October.
Also, traditionally known as ‘El Entredicho’, this village has an extensive cultural and folkloric heritage which includes the Chaparral dance and troubadours and poets.
Visitor can take a quiet walk in the village with its white houses and pretty paths and enjoy the landscape with its soft hills and olive groves.
Places to see
- San Pedro Apostol Church (c. XVII – XX)
- Virgen de Gracia Hermitage (c. XX)
- Josê Chamizo Culture Building
- Municipal Washing Place (c. XX)
- Licenciado Pedro de Tapia Monument
- Allalantes Fountain
- El Cuartel Fountain
- La Cantina House.
- Guisillo de la Virgen (a traditional stew)
- La Sobrehusa (Stew made with chards and potatoes)
- Ajoblanco (cold garlic soup with beans)
- Gachas con tostones (oatmeal porridge with toasted pieces of bread)
- Piñonates (fried ring – shaped cakes)
- Roscos “pichi” (ring – shaped cakes known as ‘Pichi’).
- San Josê is the patron saint of this village (March 19th).
- Easter, with an interesting tradition and custom where ‘El Pasillo’ is represented.
- San Marcos (April 25th)
- San Antonio Fair (second week of June)
- The International Folk Song Festival (third weekend of July)
- Summer Cultural Week (second week of August)
- The Cattle Fair (October 10th, 11th, 12th).
To view and / or download this publication, click on the following link: