Sagrado Corazón Church (Sacred Heart Church in Malaga)
The Sacred Heart Church is placed at San Ignacio de Loyola Square in the Old Town of Malaga City in Spain.
This Neo-Gothic piece of work was built in 1920, ordered by Jesuits and designed by the architect Fernando Guerrero Strachán in January 1907.
It is built on a basilica plan, divided in three naves and covered by a rib vault.
The crossing on an octagonal plan with a star-shaped vault stands out. The choir is at the bottom of the central nave, which is higher and wider than the side aisles.
The square where the church is to be found is to the west of Compañía Street, close to the building called Palacio de Villalón where Carmen Thyssen Museum is placed.
The Arch-brotherhood of Dolores de San Juan (The Arch-brotherhood of Our Lady of Sorrows of St John’s Church) used to be headquartered in this church while its original location, San Juan Church (St John’s Church), was being restored.