Church of Our Lady of los Dolores
Villanueva del Trabuco’s most noteworthy building is its parish church, built in the late 18th century (1760) on the site of the earlier Ermita de Santa María Egipcíaca (built in 1645), rebuilt in 1953 and restored in 1993. The highlight of its exterior is the white tower, visible from all corners of the village, which stands above the main entrance, and its tiled facing.
The main façade is white and yellow. The doorway features a Roman arch between pilasters, with a cornice in the upper section, creating an Arabic-style frame for the arch. Three large stained glass windows occupy the upper section of the façade.
The main altar features a simple altarpiece with images of the Virgen de los Dolores (centre), Sagrado Corazón (left) and San José con el Niño (right).