Esta web utiliza cookies para obtener datos anónimos de acceso. Si continúa utilizando este sitio asumiremos que está de acuerdo.
 
×

Church of Virgen de las Virtudes

Diputación de Málaga

Church of Virgen de las Virtudes

The village’s parish church was originally a hermitage that was part of Mollina and ultimately Antequera. It was built at the end of the 19th century in 1891, at first, for Ntra. Señora de las Misericordias, but later it was changed for the Virgen de las Virtudes.

It was built true to a Neo-Mudejar style and the outstanding feature is its main facade with its rectangular entrance door above which lies a lintel and a double arched window reminiscent of gothic architecture. A double-arched belfry tower cut out at an angle rises up on the front next to the Evangelio.