Church of Our Lady of Asunción
A church built in the XVI century and later restored.
The town’s most important building, it stands in the Plaza de Pantaleón Romero. Inside, it is divided into three naves by octagonal pillars. Worthy of note is the mural of La Asunción, which was finished in 1972 and is the work of the Comares painter Francisco Hernández. The exterior was rebuilt following an earthquake in 1893, and its double entrance is now crowned by a bell gable. The highlight is the Neo-Mudêjar tower, a brick construction built in 1935 and finished off with a tiled dome over the bell section, which takes the form of a small temple of arcades and columns.