Esta web utiliza cookies para obtener datos anónimos de acceso. Si continúas navegando, consideramos que aceptas nuestra política de cookies.

×

Tower of the Trinitarios

Diputación de Málaga

Tower of the Trinitarios

The original building that was the church/convent was built at the beginning of the 16th century outside the town on the road to Monda (in an area known as Partido de los Angeles). However, there was a serious drought in 1607 and it was moved into the urban centre of the town and was founded again there as a church and convent in 1655.

The only element of the original building that remains today is the triangular tower, which is one of the few of its kind left in Andalucia. The other examples are the one next to the tower of the Iglesia de Santa Ana in Archidona, Malaga, and the other belongs to the Convento de Mínimas y Marroquíes de Écija in Seville. This tower is built in Mudejar style and is special in that its design is based on glazed ceramic tiles and typical materials found and manufactured in Coin, of which the “cantillos” (small stones) found locally were fundamental.

The convent was founded by the Trinitarians and was later handed over to the Franciscans and was finally abandoned by the friars in the 19th century. With the pass of time it was destroyed and a school was built on the site.

Monuments and Art > Hermitage and Chapel
C/ Cruz, s/n., Zip Code 29100