San Benito Hermitage
The highlight of the town’s monuments is the Ermita de San Benito, named in honour of Campillos’ patron saint.
San Benito Abad was proclaimed Campillos's patron in 1629, due to the great devotion that people in Campillos had to this saint, being the second patron San Quirino and San Placido. The chapel was begun in 1578, and just 20 years later, the work was completed, being blessed in 1596. The temple was rebuilt in the mid-eighteenth century, in 1756, and the porch was added in 1814.
In the municipal archives of the Campillos it is saves the original text of the council meeting recorded by Don Pedro de Guzman and collecting the words of Dr. Vallejo de Acuña in the signing of this proclamation.