Municipal Historical Archives
PERIOD 18th century
Built in 1792, this building has had a variety of uses until it was purchased by the Town Hall in 1985. With three floors, the main floor opens onto an impressive balcony on the front faèade, with artistic railing and a straight pediment. The third floor has individual balconies over modillions; however, the most significant feature of this faèade is its beautiful portal, with its boxed pilasters that frame the opening into the interior and a running frieze decorated with bucraniums, pines, vases and cartouches.
The noble staircase leads up from the patio to the room that holds the documental archives, reading rooms and administration, service areas and management (third floor). On the ground floor there is an exhibition hall for periodic exhibitions and a multipurpose room.
The Town Hall completely restored this building, which was inaugurated as the city's Municipal Historical Archives by the King and Queen of Spain during their first official visit to Malaga on 18th October 1989, year that coincided with the 5th Centenary of the constitution of the city's Municipal Council.
HOW TO FIND IT
Address: ALMD PRINCIPAL 23, 29001 Málaga
Telephones: Oficina: 951928774