Esta web utiliza cookies para obtener datos anónimos de acceso. Si continúas navegando, consideramos que aceptas nuestra política de cookies.

×

Inmaculada Parish church

Diputación de Málaga

Inmaculada Parish church

This church was built on the orders of the Marquis and Marchioness of Estepa and its origins can be traced back to the 17th and 18th centuries (1696 to 1700).

The church is an example of baroque architecture, its polyoval ground plan forming the familiar Latin Cross, the highlight being the three small rooms behind the altar in the chevet. One of these is dedicated to Jesus of Nazareth, another to the Virgen de los Dolores and the third to the Virgen del Rosario, and all are considered rococo masterpieces with a clear Ecija flavour.

Worthy of note among this church’s artistic treasures is a fine polychromatic wooden carving of Christ on the cross, an anonymous work dating back to the late 14th century. Also on display inside are a collection of oil paintings which complete the church’s decoration.

Monuments and Art > Hermitage and Chapel
C/ Álamos, s/n, Zip Code 29530
951192252