This castle was an important border bastion during the arab period. After the Christian conquest it was destroyed and reconstructed on several occasions.
The Castle of Miraflores is located in the highest part of the town, between the streets Escaloncitos, Calzada and Botica.
The fortress suffered enough, especially its tallest towers, in the earthquake in 1755. In 1812 it served as a settlement for the French artillery, which destroyed a big part before leaving. Today there are only remains of the walls and towers.