Tajo de Ronda. Canyoing. Serranía de Ronda
This is a short distance canyon which is located in an astonishing and unique spot, the gorge Tajo de Ronda, in the city centre. The fi rst abseil is exceptional as it is found just under the bridge Puente Nuevo.
It consists of an entertaining descent with two main abseils which could become risky when water level rises. It is not necessary to wear long wetsuit in summer although thermal clothing is required.
- Municipality: Ronda.
- Nearest town: Ronda.
- Coordinates (UTM): X: 306917, y Y:4068128.
- Estimated time: About 2 hours.
- Number of abseils: 2.
- Longest abseil: 35 metre longs.
- Itinerary: Approx. 600 metres long.
- Transport link: It is not completely necessary a transport link. You could get by car to the ancient mill Molinos del Tajo and you will need to walk from there to the canyon (20 mins).
- Recommended season: All seasons depending on the water level.
- Regulations: Any regulations applied.