Benaoján. Climbing area. Serranía de Ronda.
It consists of a varied climbing area, with pitches dominated by hard slabs and overhanging walls and other ideal pitches for amateurs and families. It offers walls in different angles, arches, overhanging walls…
The road MA-8400 is next to the pitches. There is 5 minutes from the car park to the climbing area.
- Municipality: Benaoján.
- Nearest town: Benaoján and Estación de Benaoján.
- Coordinates (UTM): X: 299134 y Y: 4065497.
- Direction: South and Southwest.
- Number of routes: 72 routes.
- Type of climbing: Sport climbing with slabs, overhanging walls and roofs… a little bit of everything.
- Recommended season: All seasons.
- Assement of the route: Good.
- Climbing grading system: Up to 5º (13%), Route grade 5º (26%), Route grade 6º (45%). Route grade 7º (15%), Route grade 8º (1%).
1. Cueva del Zuque. It is a tougher sector dominated by middle grades.
2. Las Banderas. It is ideal for amateurs and families and it is dominated by slabs of IV. Some short routes of 6º can also be found.
3. Bóveda. This is the most diffi cult sector of this climbing area with routes of 7º and 8º, although this one is unconfi rmed.
4. Cuevas de Pepe. Small sector with three technical routes of 6c and 7a.
5. Norte. It is a sector dominated by routes of Vº with big sections, ideal for amateurs.
Climbing is permitted during the whole year. If you intend to set up new routes, it is important to notify it to personnel in the Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park.